Saturday, January 23, 2010


Ricardo has always been the first and best suport. Here he is making the wire structure for the top part of the seed... I have managed to damage two of them in clay already. This one will be made in papier mache... there it is, finished hebind Alejo below.  
Alejo is always there to give me a hand. Now we are disigning the Invitation to the Exhibition... it will come to the Blog when we succeed... it seems far, but there is only a bit more than a month to work!  It gives me the chills.  

My sculptures are almost finished for the Installation. Here are the Burka, a beautiful dress from Indonesia and the wedding dress from the '60 Lina found at a Second hand Store. She wore it, pleased her parents who came from Colombia for the wedding and lent it to me for the Installation when I was looking like mad for a wedding dress... All has come from people's support. Now, the two embroidered curtains (behind us) were used in the Check Rapublic when it was Bohemia by my frind Barbora's grandmother. They were hung at the corner of the room where a woman was giving birth, her bed behind it so no one could see her.
Great help! Hanne, Libby, Ricardo and Bruce looking at the sculptures of "Empty bodies" and the center piece of the Installation in front, a big seed... our seed, our core.

No comments:

Post a Comment