Wednesday, February 3, 2010

One month to go

I feel like a race horse in the last stretch....
There are still many things to do... 
UNAM CANADA, (before UNAM/ESECA)  in Gatineau, has given me another exhibition week at their gallery, Sala Felipe Gutiérrez. I felt so disappointed when they first said it would be for just one week, which would really be three and a half days (Monday the opening, does not count. Then Tuesday to Thursday full days 9am to 8pm and Friday until 3). I am so plesed and greatful. During the second week the Exhibition will be open also to the public with the same schedules, till Friday 19th of March.
On the 19th many years ago I met Ricardo. We have since then been together in health and in pain, in joy and in sorrow, in weeks and years with ups and downs. From March 19, 1961 till today, when we each day vow to be together again. Thanks, Saint Joseph, my grandmother´s patron saint... She is my patron saint.
I feel it is the largest work of art I have done so far. Slowly came to life, made itself more complex and left out some elements that are not essential for this Installation. Now I have a base for another one, through photography and the same theme, the way we cover or expose our body.

To do, to finish:
  • 80 sculptures Ëmpty Bodies¨ . Check, revise, check the photo, finish packing each one of them. 
  • 20 ceramic Angels who will guard the Labyrinth, the walk and the women represented in my Installation, both visitors and those who wore the shoes and garments.
  • Revise the old worn shoes, pack them up. I feel I will need 250, I think I have them. Eliminate some running shoes... too many came for the walk in the Labyrinth. I made porcelain foot prints to mix with the worn shoes, remembering women that walk barefoot... everywhere...
  • Finish the Power Point Presentation: one photo for each sculpture, with the theme, a small story about the garment and whose it is. Finish the translation, English and Spanish I have done. French my dear friend Diane is working on. Her mother tongue is French, it makes it flow better. Dear Bruce started the translation and worked half of it... thanks to both, dear friends and support.
  • Finish the text in English, French and Spanish to be printed in a full page for the entrance of the Gallery
  • Finish the seed. This is how it looks...
    • Now I will add small thorns with the questions...
    • Who am I?
    • What am I doing here?
    • What does all this have to do with me?
  • Finish the Invitations, work I have been doing with Alejandro. Have them printed.
  • Finish  the Posters and have them printed, to be placed in several places we have in mind. Restaurants, Community Centres, NVAC, U of Ottawa, Club House, my daughter María´s school, corner store...
  • Buy supplies for setting up (ceiling hangers, nylon, tape)
  • Decide on how much we can afford for the Vernissage. I asked the Clombian Embassy for support, buth there is no budget. It is elections year, all budget is political. No way. So it will be out of pocket. Will see. The Ontario Arts Council gave me a small amount to cover the Gallery's rental and one of their staff helping to set up and pack afterwards. Will see.
  • Make the list of Invitations to be sent via email. Hope I don't forget anyone.
  • Will se what else I forget now while writting, looking at the snow fallin outside my window. I thank Life for having had the courage and energy to do all this work. I do hope it touches someone's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment