Friday, December 4, 2009

Inviting OGP Potters to participate in the Installation

During the November OGP meeting the theme was the past Fall Sale at the Hellenic Centre in Ottawa. I asked for 5 minutes to talk about my Installation. the response was inmetiate, they got it... an applause and several potters came forward to offer treasures for my work. ..."I have this beautiful dress I brought from India, you may haave it"... "I have a special curtain from Chekoslovaquia, some embroidered blouses and garments, if you find use for them"...  "My sister died of Cancer four years ago. She was a beautiful woman, always in fashion; but she had these old worn slippers... I have kept. Will bring them tothe next meeting and you may have them" ... and so on.


During the December meeting many treasures came: old worn shoes, shawls, jean skirts and tops from the '70, garments from India, Latinamerica and items teens used here in the past century. Andthe beautiful pink old worn slippers that Marie's sistor wore 'till death. Thank you Potters and friends... I have been working with all these, and already have about half the sculptures made.

No comments:

Post a Comment