Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Making the first Sculptures

Maria's embroidered mantilla. It belonged to her grandmother. Women always wore a hat, cap, veil or a mantilla to go to church. Always covered...


Top, a Capulana from Mozambique, from MarĂ­a Isabel Casas' collecton.
With cotton blouse from India that my sister Pilar gave me, bought in the "San Andresito" of Valledupar, Colombia.  
Barbora Balabam lent me this hand painted silk dress done by her friend from Chekoslovaquia.
Lysanne really wore this XXL T shirt in her teens. She is a size 6.


A light Baby doll...and a cotton blouse with a lace bra under cover.
Below: Paula´s wool shawl

Marcela´s shawl made from her Graduation velvet dress with an African cotton wrap'around skirt.
 Libby´s  macrame shawl.

Allyson´s long night skirt with a leather jacket

She wore this lace neck during the wedding with my son Ricardo, 15 years ago. The black veil is what widows wear on their head and the small cap is from the ¨Cancer marathon run¨ in Seattle, June 2008.

This sculpture is ¨Honoring Claudia¨. She died of Ovarian Cancer in January 2008
Allyson´s corduroy jacket with a gold pashmina


Fashion in the ´70´s
Jeans, cotton tops and a handmade belt from Guatemala

1 comment:

  1. I just found what I think is Libby's macrame shawl, or an identical one, at a vintage shop in Seattle.
    I had it cleaned, it's very special!
    It reminded me of shopping in San Francisco in 1969. I am curious of it's history. Macrame was a popular craft back then.

    ReplyDelete